Blogging rules

These rules are in place to make blogging safe and enjoyable for you

• You may comment on any post in any blog any time you like
  • When you do leave posts or comments, leave your first name only.
  • Never leave your email address or any other personal details in a post or comment. When you go to leave a comment, you will be asked to fill in your name (which will appear) and e-mail address (which will not appear).
  • All comments will be read before they appear on the site.
  • When you write comments, try to keep these things in mind:

1. Be positive!  Remember to tell the poster the things you liked about the post.
2. If you have any criticism, then write it down, but be positive. Say how it could be even beeter.
3. Just saying ‘cool’ or gr8 might make the poster feel good, but even better would be saying why it’s cool or gr8.
Comments can be read by anyone from all over the world – teachers, parents, governors, children in our school chidlren in other schools politicians, celebrities (!), so use your best writing skills and try to be as accurate as possible with spellings – take pride in your comments!
4. If you want to tell the poster about one of your posts, then give them the full web address to help them find it – if you’re really advanced, then include a link.
5. Perhaps try one of these comment starters…
This makes me think of…                                                                                                                       I discovered…                                                                                                                                           I don’t understand…                                                                                                                               I was reminded that…                                                                                                                             I found myself wondering…

And remember:

HAVE FUN!